If the high price of heating your home is a big concern this winter, you’re not alone. Many folks are facing the same issue, especially as energy costs continue to increase across the country. Fortunately, there are a number of simple steps you can take to reduce your monthly heating bill and enjoy immediate savings. To help you get started, we’ve collected a handful of the best and most easily implemented options here.
- Install a programmable thermostat. This device allows you to control the temperature in your home based on occupancy or need. Set it for a lower temperature when you’re away at work or tucked in bed for the night; set it higher when you’re home.
- Purchase energy-saving liners for your windows. Products such as Rhapsody thermal lined grommet curtains help improve overall energy efficiency by minimizing drafts coming into the room while preventing heat from escaping out of the room.
- Invest in high-quality bedding. High-quality quilted bedding sets keep you warmer at night, which means you can turn your thermostat down several degrees without sacrificing comfort. We carry many affordable options that combine warmth and beauty, including Jamestown by Victor Mill and Antique Chic from Greenland Home Fashions.
- Add insulation where needed. Insulating your attic, drafty doors, and windows helps keep each room warmer, which can have a significant impact on your heating bill.
As you can see, you don’t have to take drastic measures or bundle up when indoors just to keep heating costs under control. Visit TheCurtainShop.com now to find the energy-saving liners, thermal curtains, complementary valance styles, and quilted bedding sets you need to stay warm and cozy all winter long.
If you’re planning to have friends and family over to celebrate the holidays or if you’re just in the mood to update your décor, then now is the time to think about replacing your window treatments. A quick, easy, and affordable fix is to swap out your old curtains for new sheer drapes or top off your windows with the perfect custom valance.
Sheer drapes not only bring a touch of modern elegance to your living room or common area, but also let plenty of natural light filter in to enhance the warm and inviting atmosphere. Valances also have an immediate impact on your interior space. They are often used to complement existing design patterns or to add character to an otherwise dull room.
As you browse TheCurtainShop.com for ideas, we recommend checking out the following customer favorites:
- Leaves Burnout Sheers: These tailored sheer drapes feature a gorgeous floral leaf burnout motif that provides adequate privacy while still allowing you to show off your Christmas tree.
- Bloom Coffee Valance: Made of soft and luxurious faux silk, the floral design and wine, pumpkin, green, and tan overtones of this valance will help beautify any room in your home.
- Findlay Seaglass Valance: Also known as Camelot Seaglass, this almost custom valance boasts a floral leaf pattern full of light greens and soft browns and comes with a woven Colburn Capri accent. Matching draperies, toss pillows, and other accessories are available as part of our “almost custom” program.
These are just a few of the inexpensive window treatment options we currently offer at TheCurtainShop.com. Visit our online store now for additional details and photos, and be sure to place your order today for patterned sheer drapes or other window topper products that will freshen up your home for the holidays.